Newbie

Marcel Gagne mggagne at salmar.com
Thu Mar 15 18:30:17 UTC 2007

Hello Jeff, et al.

Jeff Solman wrote:
> Ubuntu looks fabulous. Besides  learning the GUI, if I want to begin
> to learn Linux, where do you recommend I start? Linux for Dummies?

Well, I can't really let this one by . . . [warning! gratuitous self-promotion
follows ] Marcel Gagné's "Moving to Ubuntu Linux" is an excellent book,
written by a multi-award winning author.  But don't take my word for it . . .

Over at Free Software Magazine, Jeremy Turner has this to say, "You should buy
this book because it is written by an author who has a lot of experience
showing users how to learn to use GNU/Linux, and specifically with this book,
Ubuntu. You should also buy this book because it is written very nicely, will
keep you entertained, and will show you how to do more with GNU/Linux."

Peter H. Salus writes "Another fine job by Gagné. Get a copy for your aunts
and uncles."

Finally, a three-book review on Groklaw states "This is a great book if you
want to become familiar with Ubuntu Linux and its GNOME user interface. It’s
a pleasant read, never boring, and it’s a great help if you keep feeling
uncomfortable with Linux. Highly recommended!

Links to various online stores at http://www.marcelgagne.com/mtubuntu.html

[ Gratuitous self promotion ends ]

Take care out there.

--
Marcel (Writer and Free Thinker at Large) Gagné
Note: This massagee wos nat speel or gramer-checkered.