CONNECT PYTHON TO GLADE3?

Maurice Murphy m1625 at rogers.com
Thu Jun 7 02:40:41 UTC 2007

Well, I'm sorry to say guys, I've given up on my attempts to implement
Glade 2 or Glade 3 -- the dependency hassle was all too much.

I also tried Qt3 and Qt4, the latter being a major long, long, download
job as Synaptic didn't seem to work for Qt4 with its 122 Mb.  I fiddled
around a bit with both, but decided that I'm too old (or some such
similar excuse) to start learning a new language, be it C++ or Python.
What I needed was a dead simple way to do some GUI database programming
similar to Visual Basic 6, with which I have had considerable success.
My choices now seem to be OpenOffice 2.2 Base (too inflexible) or
REALbasic 2007 -- the latter showing most promise.  Yes, I know it's
slow and bloated and not open source, but it's free.  So I will play
with that for a while.  Once again, thanks everyone for all your help.
Maurice

--
I'm using ubuntu version 7.04 ...
ubuntu - linux for human beings <http://www.ubuntu.com>