Computer Engineering vs TIA certifications

Myles Braithwaite myles at monkeyinyoursoul.com
Sun Jul 1 23:58:58 UTC 2007

Sorry I am not really an employer but I am a consultant. An the
answer would be on what I was doing. If I was administering a cluster
of databases I would rather someone with experience in handling them
and though I hate to admit it the only way I could really tell is if
someone had a certification in that database. But lets say I was
doing something a little less specify, like just build an application
for a company that I would be in charge of everything, I would look
for someone with less of a specified certification and more broad
education.

Though I am hearing that more employers are looking for people with
certifications rather than a degree.

---
Myles A. Braithwaite
Monkey in your Soul - http://miys.net