REALLY BACK AGAIN!

Peter Whittaker pwwnow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 23:46:43 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 16:34 -0500, Maurice Murphy wrote:
> I managed to trick the installation process by setting my Windows
> screen resolution to maximum, doing a warm boot from the Ubuntu CD.
> My analysis is that my box, or at least part of it, has a
> compatibility problem with Ubuntu, primarily in the video adapter
> department.

I'm a real "if ain't broke don't fix it" kind of guy, so I will not
suggest changing anything... ...but Ubuntu doesn't know anything about
your machine's resolution under Windows.

When you boot into Ubuntu, whether from the CD or from the hard drive,
the resolution is determined by BIOS and Ubuntu settings alone. Windows
is not part of the picture.

It's great that it works, but it's not because of some Windows dual boot
magic smoke!

But like I say, if ain't broke don't fix it (I ran dual boot for months,
til I missed the 3 or gigs being consumed by the unused Windows virus.
That was BE (before Edgy), and I've a feisty little system now).

> Maurice from Nepean

pww from Kanata