FIREFOX & THUNDERBIRD

Peter Whittaker pwwnow at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 11:45:22 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 14:20 -0600, Darren Zawislak wrote:
> Please notice the "Path=Profiles/bjcmnf2h.default" - that bjcmnf2h will
> be different for me when I reinstall the program again in the future. So
> I make sure I copy the entire contents of the folder including hidden
> files, then adjust the .ini when helping someone recover their data.

Darren, is it possible to copy selected files (and if so, which ones)
instead of copying the entire folder and having to adjust the INI each
time?

In a script, both are equally easy, but if it is possible to copy only a
few files and keep Thunderbird happy - as it is with FF - then the
operation required is simpler and has less possibility of error (not
that we're talking huge risk here anyway).

pww