Configuring sound card in Ubuntu.

Jean-François Gagnon Laporte kioshen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 13:36:25 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, Kyle Vanditmars <kylevan at telus.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 12:05 -0600, info at ubuntuvoice.com wrote:
> > ./configure --with-cards=gina20 --with-sequencer=yes;make;make install
> >

> uh, does a semi-colon indicate consecutive execution in BASH? I thought
> it was &&.  at any rate, I would try again, but first run configure,
> then run make, then a sudo make install.

Actually they both indicate consecutive execution in BASH the
difference being that && indicate "do the next thing if the current
one sucessfully completed it's thingy".

For example, if you replace all the ; by && in the above command and
that make failed it wouldn't execute make install.

Regards,

JF