linux xubuntu 6.1 computer

Don and/or Mila Trombley donmila at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 24 23:35:11 UTC 2007

Kyle Vanditmars wrote:

>On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 17:01 -0800, Don and/or Mila Trombley wrote:
>

>>I did try your suggestion, and it did not work, but it did shut down
>>and powered off automatically under windows 98 se, which I do not have
>>the disk for, and is the reason why I am using Xubuntu 6.1...
>>

>You could try checking out a couple pieces of documentation on the
>forums.
>
>http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=287498&highlight=halt+no
>+poweroff
>
>http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=276642
>
>The second link there has some good suggestions for you to try.

I tried the suggested options and the only thing they did was to just
boot me out of Xubuntu, without shutting off
the computer.... Oh well, I guess there is, for now, no  other way than
"Hard Shutdown" (press the button, please!) :-(
It would be interesting to know what the Internal Control code for
powerroff is for the "power control chip" so one could
create a program for the Packard Bell Synera  P2 Processor.

BTW: I wonder if one could exchange the Pentium 2 processor for a P 3,
without any modification to the motherboard? :-\