Suggestion for multi-function printer/scanner was Re: TWOQUESTIONS

earth walker earth_walker at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 16:49:27 UTC 2007

For this series (HP10XX) of printer, you want to download and install the
latest foo2zjs drivers from:

http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/

It works very well on the HP1020. Both the HPIJS drivers and old version of
foo2zjs that Ubuntu comes with DO NOT work with the HP 10xx printers. Before
you install the driver, make sure you:

# sudo apt-get install build-essential

if you haven't already, and then carefully follow the instructions on that
page to download, unzip and install it.

I had so much trouble getting the 1020 to work until I found this project.
Rick has done a tremendous job doing HP's job for them. Let me know if you
run into any problems.

Brendan