Hosting for Ubuntu.ca/ubuntu-ca.org

G Williams Webmaster Ubuntuvoice.com info at ubuntuvoice.com
Mon Jan 22 11:56:11 UTC 2007

> On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 01:14 -0700, Corey Burger wrote:
>
>> > Hey all,
>> >
>> > As some of you know, ubuntu.ca/ubuntu-ca.org is hosted in my basement
>> > on an old server. As Canonical provides free hosting (the -ca.org
>> > domain is paid by them as well), I am going to avail ourselves of
>> > this. As such, we can brainstorm more about what we actually want/need
>> > from our website.

Seems to me that unless there is a huge ethical problem with having it
hosted elsewhere that what I use for ubuntuvoice.com could be a solution.

I get 40,000 MB space, a choice of scripts which install via fantastico
(but I don't see a problem with uploading them and using media wiki for
instance) two domain slots, unlimited sub domains, unlimited emails (you
set the disc space) and so on. I would think that perhaps a CRM like
sugarcrm or vtiger (the one I use) might go a long way toward marketing.

The price for this is $10 a month, lower if you go to a two year
commitment.

Just a thought. Its obviously not a solution for everything, but FYI. I
would be happy to share the hosting company I use. So far so good with
them. Up time and support good.