Hosting for Ubuntu.ca/ubuntu-ca.org

Kyle Vanditmars kylevan at telus.net
Mon Jan 22 08:35:08 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 01:14 -0700, Corey Burger wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> As some of you know, ubuntu.ca/ubuntu-ca.org is hosted in my basement
> on an old server. As Canonical provides free hosting (the -ca.org
> domain is paid by them as well), I am going to avail ourselves of
> this. As such, we can brainstorm more about what we actually want/need
> from our website.

Off the top of my head, I have a nebulous idea of revamping the links
area along a more "task-oriented" line.  Some thoughts on sections:

* Finding a LUG/Getting Help in Person
* DIY Marketing/Advocacy resources
* Learn more about FOSS (in Canada?)

Since we don't want to duplicate stuff that's already out there, it
seems like a good idea to give easy access to it.