Hosting for Ubuntu.ca/ubuntu-ca.org

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 08:14:35 UTC 2007

Hey all,

As some of you know, ubuntu.ca/ubuntu-ca.org is hosted in my basement
on an old server. As Canonical provides free hosting (the -ca.org
domain is paid by them as well), I am going to avail ourselves of
this. As such, we can brainstorm more about what we actually want/need
from our website. However, I should note there are some things that we
simply don't need:

forums: Duplicative of ubuntuforums.org. If we really need a Canadian
specific one, they will give us one
wiki: duplicative of the main wiki.

You can view the support request at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+ticket/3297

I will keep everybody informed about the progress.

Cheers,

Corey