Ubuntu vs Kubuntu

Alan Pater alan.pater at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 05:39:42 UTC 2007

I find that Gnome is better for a new user, it is different enough
from the MS Windows look and feel that people don't expect to do
things exactly the same as they do when using MS Windows. And the
focus on usability within Gnome makes it easy to learn.

I look at KDE every once in while (you can install both on a default
Ubuntu system), but find that I prefer the Gnome Keep-it-Simple look
and feel. KDE has too many options and switches and buttons for me.
Great if you like to spend a lot of time configuring things though.

Plus, Ubuntu Gnome has a much nicer colour scheme then Kubuntu's KDE. :-)