Ubuntu vs Kubuntu

Leslie Lewis lesliel8 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 19:01:13 UTC 2007

I have no special insight, but I think Kubuntu will be supported as long as
there's interest in it, and there seems to be lots. If it's not, there are
lots of other KDE-based distributions that will be around for a good long
time - Xandros, for instance. Anything you learn and do in Kubuntu will be
transferable.

But Ubuntu isn't that hard when you get into it. And you can use KDE and
GNOME applications in either Kubuntu or Ubuntu.

I would say go with what feels best and don't worry about the long term. By
the time there's any major change, if there is one, you'll know what you're
doing and be able to handle it.

You might also like to ask this question on the main Ubuntu forums:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/. The participants are just as helpful and
friendly as the people on this list.

Leslie in Canmore.

http://momles.blogspot.com