Lost menus

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 17 03:07:34 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, Leslie Lewis <lesliel8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Ubuntu, not K- or Xubuntu, Dapper Drake. The other day I applied
> the recommended updates, and when I restarted my panels were in new places
> and my menus were screwed up.There's nothing under Applications; Places
> seems pretty good; System doesn't have any preferences or administration
> functions. Alacarte Menu Editor doesn't allow me to activate any choices. I
> see on the Ubuntu forums that happened recently to people testing Feisty
> Fawn, but I'm sure not. Any ideas? I'm about to install Kubuntu and see if
> that menu exists; otherwise I'm going to reinstall, maybe moving to Edgy Eft
> (I love those names).

if you create another user account  and log into it, are the
menu/panels missing as well?  If they are  then there is something
wrong with your whole installation.  If the problem is only occuring
in your account, then the problem is only with the specific setup of
your user account, and thus it will be a somewhat waste of time to
re-install your whole computer to solve this problem.

--
Daniel Robitaille