Ubuntu Toronto Meeting Processes

Frank McCarron erebus59 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 02:26:40 UTC 2007

As one who WAS at the last meeting (for an hour and a half) I must say that
laptops are a BIG (IMHO) impediment to making new members feeling more
welcome. When the majority of people in the meeting are sitting staring at
their laptops, fingers tapping away on their keyboards, not making eye
contact it is hard to feel welcome and part of the process.

What I don't understand is why some people seem to be VERY reluctant to
commit to closing their laptops for a short while and interact in person
with their fellow Ubuntu fans (and potential fans).

My $0.02 (again)
Frank in Mississauga