The Ubuntu Installation Handbook: a working group of Ubuntu Toronto

Kim King mr.kim.king at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 02:50:44 UTC 2007

During the  10 January 2007 meeting I agreed to take the lead on
creating a handbook to be included with new Ubuntu Cds as part of an
installation kit. The language will be understandable to anyone who has
some previous computer user experience but not necessarily Linux experience.
The ideal format would be the liner notes from a music CD.  (12 cm. by
12 cm.) If we go with a liner note  booklet format the  size is limited
to 4, 8, 12, 16 , 20 or 24 pages.  Anything larger than 24 pages is hard
to get into the CD case .
I think  this should be our target.  A 24 page CD  liner notes for
installing and setting up  Ubuntu.  The size restrictions will prove a
challenge but it is nothing that cannot be overcome.
If anyone has something that is ready to use, I would welcome their help
and direction.  Once this project is completed it will be made freely
available to anyone who wants to use the document to print up their own
booklets with new Cds.

I am going to leave participation open to anyone, anywhere  who wants to
lend a hand in compiling and editing the information.  If you are
interested contact me at <mr.kim.king at gmail.com.>

Thanks
Kim King