dns issues

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Thu Jan 11 13:15:24 UTC 2007

I don't edit them. I always figured that when I restart my computer when it
got a new ip address it would also update my dns settings (eg. just work).

Like I said, after I start up my laptop and log in the first thing I do is
open a shell and run sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart to clear all of my
stale DNS settings. I just checked my resolv.conf file this morning when I
got into work and sure enough all the nameserver entries pointed to my ISP
DNS entries. Doing a networking restart and opening the file again showed the
DNS server for my office.

-- chris