New Page for Ubuntu Toronto Website

Tee Jay Rosene teejayrosene at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 16:25:27 UTC 2007

> Hey Folks,
>
> I've written up a draft for a "Get Involved" page for the website. I
> just whipped it together quickly, so its definitely still rough and
> needs some work. I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments you guys
> might have.
>
> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/Toronto/Website/Get_Involved

Original text below:

As you read through our website you may ask yourself, "How do I get
> > involved?" Simple!
> > There's no membership process, applications, or anything of the like.
> > Becoming a 'member' is all about showing up. As mentioned in our Meetings
> > page, our meetings are open to everyone, and this couldn't be more true. If
> > you'd like to get some help with something in Ubuntu, come out to a meeting.
> > If you have ideas on how we can make Ubuntu appeal to new users and
> > Torontonians, come out to a meeting.
> >
> > You may then ask, "What do I do at a meeting?" There's plenty you can
> > do. At a meeting, we generally discuss the topics on the open agenda.
> > Different points of view and input on these topics is always appreciated and
> > welcomed. If you have an idea for a project and have some time to spare, we
> > encourage you to start it up and lead the project! Or, if you don't have so
> > much time to spare, you can always share your ideas with the team and
> > perhaps we can work on it together.
> >
> > Getting involved with Ubuntu Toronto, or any part of the Ubuntu
> > community, is all about initiative. Who knows, your idea could be the next
> > Ubuntu Toronto project!
> >
> > If you have questions or concerns about our gatherings, drop us a note
> > on the Ubuntu Canada mailing list and let us know. There's usually plenty of
> > helpful people reading and replying to the mailing list.

My suggestions for clarity:

As you scan our website you may ask yourself, "How do I get involved?" The
answer, of course, is simple: just by participating in any way you choose;
there's no membership process, applications, or anything of the like.
Becoming a Ubuntu Toronto Member is all about showing up.

Our meetings are open to everyone. If you'd like to get Ubuntu help, come to
our meetings. If you have ideas on how we can make Ubuntu appeal to new
users and Torontonians, come to our meetings

*What do I do at a meeting?* There's plenty you can do. Meetings generally
consist of discussions on topics that are "open agenda." Alternative
viewpoints are always welcome.

Getting involved with Ubuntu Toronto, or any part of the Ubuntu community,
is all about initiative. Who knows, your idea could be the next Ubuntu
Toronto project! If you have an idea for a project and have some time to