Mathieu Avoine avoinemt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:02:27 UTC 2007

Hi Don and/or Mila ;)

As far as I know in Ubuntu (and probably all Linux distros) you absolutely
have to create a root account (and thus a root user/pwd) and at least 1
other user for the machine. It is a matter of security and is generally
strongly enforced in any Linux system, whether it is on a network or not.

However, if you would like to log on automatically into a specific user
account upon boot, Ubuntu offers an auto-login feature.

Hope it helps.

Math