Backward Compatability?

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Sun Jan 7 05:36:32 UTC 2007

Hi:

I read the posts about Backward Compatibility, and understood what was
being said. About that each version, has software tailored just for it.
So I put 6.06-1 LTS on that older machine. This is the long time service
version. This took about 7 hours to get it all installed, and ready to
roll. This handicapped person is now making use of that older 433 MHz
Computer.

I may reconfigure the X server one day soon, because when I was
installing the 6.06-1 I used my Monitor, instead of the Dell, that he
had. It's working pretty good, but a few things stopped working, when I
put his monitor on the system.

Alfred!