Linux lingo gook

Ryan Kavanagh ryanakca at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:18:43 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 14:06, Don and/or Mila Trombley wrote:
> I am having some time trying to decypher the Acronyms, Uses, and their
> meanings, used in the various postings which I received from the
> Linux-Ubuntu-Xubuntu-?untu Group...
> CRON, BASH, DASH, CRASH, LASH  Just to name a few (not even touching the
> tip of the heap of them  !=))  Is their a dedicated Lexicon of these
> words? Thanks, Don.
Hey,
CRON is a program that automates tasks... so that you can have it delete you
trash every day at 1:05AM..
BASH = Bourne Again SHell... it's the shell you see when you open up
Terminal/Konsole...
DASH = ?
CRASH = when a program crashes... usually caused by a bug... the program
usually exits abnormally
http://linux.about.com/cs/glossaries/a/aglossary.htm  :D

Cheers,
Ryan