Suggestions please...

crazydoode at gmail.com crazydoode at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 23:25:47 UTC 2007

Multi-media is the most difficult aspect of *nix to get a grip on. Spending a
few minutes on why some codecs are in the multiverse and others are in main
would be very enlightening to newbies. It may also be a good time to spend a
few moments on the lessons learned from DeCSS.

Another area I would delve into early would be how to identify your video card
and how to ensure that the proper drivers are installed and functional ie:
intel915, ati and nvidia.

Good Luck!
Patrick