Fesity unstable? (Re: DUAL BOOT -- 6.10/7.04 Herd 4?)

Peter Whittaker pwwnow at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 18:25:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 10:39 -0500, Jean-François Gagnon Laporte wrote:
> Feisty is in developement right now and highly unstable.

The first part is certainly true, but highly unstable? I dunno, seems
rock solid to me. There have been occasional Evolution and
update-manager crashes, and there are frequent updates (so it is highly
dynamic, I'll grant you that), but on my Thinkpad, at least, it is
better/faster/stronger than Edgy, more stuff just works, and the apps
that have been occasionally problematic appear to have settled down.
(Just the one post-resume problem, check my bug reports for more.)

I don't recommend installing it, because it is development, but for
those so inclined, well, I've not experienced anything to make me regret
jumping, 'round 'bout Herd1.

As always, YMMV, FWIW, BAVDF (Backup all valuable data first),

I'm really looking forward to being able to recommend it, sometime RSN.

pww