FIREWALL STUFF

Stan Vincent sch3u at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 09:54:38 UTC 2007

Hi Maurice:
I am  kind of noob to this stuff and dont know much,
however I faced the same problems with firewalls. This
is what I did if you want to use Lokkit don't use
gnome-lokkit.

In terminal type sudo lokkit
it opens up a window with options choose High security
and using tab move to OK and hit enter. Lokkit should
get started.

If you type sudo lokkit a second time and try to set
it up using the same options it will show that ip
chain tables exist. Well this kind of confirms it is
up and running.

But you  have to start lokkit every time you restart
you system.

If you want to use firestarter what I found was that
there are lot of libraries that are needed
dependencies i guess.

If you download automatix2 for try to install
firestarter from automatix it works because automatix
downloads all the dependencies... this worked for me.

http://www.getautomatix.com/

Hope this helps.

Regrads,
Stan