Ubuntu-ca

Darren Zawislak hi.darren at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 06:16:42 UTC 2007

Jamon Camisso wrote:
> R. Wood wrote:
>
>> Allegedly, on Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 09:01:53PM -0600, Darren Zawislak stated:
>>
>>> I am here on a Saturday night, trying to find a suitable replacement in
>>> Linux,  for Dreamweaver which is a real easy Windows program.
>>>
>>> How is that for exciting!  I looked at Gedit, it is good but all text
>>> based and I have been spoiled. Nvu did not like me and would not save
>>> any of my files.
>>>
>> This Nvu symptom smells more like a permissions problem than a problem
>> with Nvu.
>>

> Try Bluefish and Quanta along with NVU. See which you like most after a
> week. Of those 3 Quanta is my personal favourite as it has a nice
> tabbing feature (like Firefox with multiple pages), clear color and
> syntax highlighting, and built in code completion. You can also fold
> your code with it, as in, collapse sections as you are editing for easy
> visibility. Give them all a try though.
>
> Jamon

Hi Everyone

I had two problems, one was a permissions error for file saving and the
second was a complete mystery. I lost the ability to play sounds! Weird!
"I did not touch the button Dad, honest!" No the mute was not on, yes
the volume was up, yes the speakers were plugged in and turned on.... :)

I launched Linux from the Live CD and everything was fine, doh! SO
obviously it was me. I did some reading, reformatted everything and
started from scratch. The only difference is this time I let the Live CD
automagically define the partitions instead of me playing with gpart.

I loaded Nvu using the synaptic package manager and I was able to create
and save a simple HTML in seconds.

Best,

Darren