FIREWALL STUFF

Maurice Murphy m1625 at rogers.com
Wed Feb 21 16:01:57 UTC 2007

I first of all tried Firestarter that comes installed with the Edgy
package.  Unfortunately it seems to have some sort of a bug.  It also
gums up my home network.  So I removed Firestarter using Synaptic and
loaded Gnome-Lokkit.  My question is, how do I set this up?  I see no
menu item.  When I try running it via alt-F2 (sudo gnome-lokkit) run, I
sometimes get what looks like a gnome-lokkit screen.  If I click the
Next button, the screen disappears and nothing else happens.
Suggestions anyone please?  Many thanks, Maurice

PS Perhaps I don't even need a firewall?