DECORATIVE FRAMES

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 02:52:14 UTC 2007

On 2/19/07, Maurice Murphy <m1625 at rogers.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Raymond.  I already have all the OpenOffice ClipArt.
> Unfortunately, it contains no borders that I can find, but lots and lots
> of other goodies!  I'll keep searching the web.

Check out the Open Clipart Library (OCAL): http://www.openclipart.org/

There is a package in Ubuntu's repositories, which is a useful way to get a
whole pile of stuff all at once. Search in Synaptic for "clipart" - there
are several packages.

Also, give Inkscape a shot - it's a full-featured vector drawing app, with a
great UI and loads of features. It's easy to use, but if you're used to the
Photoshop/GIMP style of doing things, Inkscape requires a bit of a mental
adjustment.

I do a lot of my graphics work in Inkscape - including the Ubuntu Canada
logo. One of my favourite apps of all time.

Brian
ubuntu-ca.org