Problems with Router

Andrew Alexander mello__yello at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:20:01 UTC 2007

Hey,

I joined this list a while back and am encountering some issues with my
connection on my ZIO router.  I have tried the support forums and IRC, among
other things but being a noob I can't seem to get what I need.

Anyways - I read that cheaper routers will often have an issue with Ubuntu
that it will hang before it connects - that is exactly what I am
experiencing.  I made some changes to Firefox's about:config to disable ipv6
which definately sped it up and made it bearable - but I am still getting
between 3-6 seconds of lag before it opens the connection to the page.

It works fine when I do not have the router connected.

Like I said - I am a noob and still need to be walked through things
carefully so all I ask is that you don't make assumptions on how to do
something because I may not know (although I am getting a whole lot better)

Configuration:

AMD 2500XP
ASUS A7N8X MOBO - using onboard NIC (nforce2 chipset)
1GB Ram
Dual Booting XP and Ubuntu 6.10 - currently running in KDE mode - but it is
Ubuntu core.
ZIO wireless router (laptop is only device using wireless - running windows)

Thank you - I hope you can help me - normally I wouldn't post on here but I
don't know where else to look.

Andrew
Steinbach, Manitoba

Find out the restaurants participating in Winterlicious
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=43.658648~-79.383962&style=r&lvl=15&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3702663&cid=7ABE80D1746919B4!1329