TWO RESTARTS TO MOUNT REMOVABLE DRIVES

Maurice Murphy m1625 at rogers.com
Wed Feb 14 16:17:53 UTC 2007

I find it always takes a second restart, before Edgy mounts my removable
drives.  Is there anyway to fix this quirk?

On another topic, I have found a Work Around for my screen resolution
problem encountered when booting from the 6.10 Live CD.  It was listed
under Bug #59349.

"1. Open /etc/X11/xorg.conf as root
2. Go to section "Monitor"
3. Add the following lines:
       HorizSync       30-70
       VertRefresh     50-160
4. Restart X11 or Ubuntu.  You should get better default resolution and
ability to change it to all allowed resolutions, color depths and
frequencies."

This worked for me the next time I restarted from my live CD and it did
not overwrite my regular xorg.conf  :-)

Maurice
--

*I'm using...