REALLY BACK AGAIN!

Maurice Murphy m1625 at rogers.com
Wed Feb 14 03:21:37 UTC 2007

Hi Peter,

I think I was the originator of this thread.  If I recall correctly, I
found that if I did an Edgy install from a cold boot, the max resolution
I could get on installation was 800 x 600.  However, if I set my XP
resolution to its max, and did a warm restart, I obtained resolutions
from the lowest to the highest in Ubuntu.

If it's any help, I can send my current xorg.0.log file and xorg.conf
file.  They don't make much sense to me.  I have saved my xorg.conf file
in a safe place, just in case my world crashes at some time in the future!

Maurice

--

*I'm using...
Ubuntu -- linux for human beings <http://www.ubuntu.com>