REALLY BACK AGAIN!

Peter Whittaker pwwnow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 01:25:41 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 20:58 -0800, Justin Wong wrote:
> Well, I'm just making wild guesses here, but perhaps Windows set
> something on the video card or BIOS?  I have read of a few cases like
> this on the forums, but it's strange, because there's no way Ubuntu
> can "read resolution information" from Windows.

The only thing I can think of, and it is clutching at straws, is that
perhaps on the reboot the display does not get turned off, and so
somehow when Ubuntu boots and queries its capabilities, it tells Ubuntu
a different answer from a cold boot...?

But that seems like craziness to me.

I searched the bug reports for something relevant and found nothing
directly comparable. Perhaps those of you who've seen this could take a
look at a few of the reports (below) and see if one or match your
behaviour?

Thanks,

pww, aka https://launchpad.net/~pwwnow

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/32311