Universities and MSDNAA

Fabian Rodriguez magicfab at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 13 18:46:41 UTC 2007

Excellent initiative, Justin. I was going to suggest putting Ubuntu
Canada's url on that board too but I am not sure of the implications,
particularly if you don't have permission, etc... This may as well stay
a "guerilla-marketing" -type approach.

A bit more than a year ago I wrote about the MSDNAA to the marketing list:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-marketing/2005-November/000147.html

a few comments mentioned in the discussion about why it was hard to
promote other alternatives:

  + the administration of the university where I was didn't care, since it was good deal for them.
  + it was hard to convince student to try something else. This might be easier now, though.

In my opinion handing out those CDs need to be supported by a local free
meeting to inform about the alternatives.