[SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: hplip

Don and/or Mila Trombley donmila at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 7 07:13:13 UTC 2007

Alan Pater wrote:

>On 2/6/07, Don and/or Mila Trombley <donmila at shaw.ca> wrote:
>

>>Torsten Spindler wrote:
>>

>>>Try to install hplip via synaptic.
>>>

>>    That is what I did.....
>>

>That is the correct, preferred method, rather then getting the drivers
>from HP. If it did not work for some reason, better to fix the problem
>of installing via synaptic then installing from elsewhere.
>
>Is the problem with your Internet connection? If you are on dial-up it
>will take a long long time to download, but it should complete
>eventually. When I was using dialup, I often left large downloads to
>run overnight.

I tried to install, via Synaptic, HPLIP (as Root),  but do not see it as
a file on the desktop, so do not
know if it was successful....went to AbiWord, typed in some sentences,
and tried to print on the printer:
got no response from the printer. Tried saving the doc. and rretried the
printer....no response. So, how do I
go about this, or what am I doing wrong?