Ubuntu Ice House: Repeat Event Today!

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Sat Feb 3 17:18:04 UTC 2007

Dave Sullivan wrote:
> Hey Folks!
>
> I know it's really last minute, but we're planning to head back down to
> Yonge-Dundas Square in Toronto today, Saturday February 3rd, at 3PM!

Please take a lot more pictures.

   I'm wondering  -- is the first picture on
http://jamon.ca/main.php?g2_itemId=474 edited?  How did you get the
screen in the background to have TUX?  Is that some local media outlet
(Chum, etc) that just happened to be at the event?

> We're already in the process of burning off more CDs, and if anyone is
> available and willing to help out, we'd highly appreciate if you bring any
> CDs you already have, or burn off a bunch and bring 'em down!

   Odd -- I thought that Ubuntu Users Groups could get CDs from
Cannonical easily.  The problem with burning writeable CDs is that they
won't work on as many CD drives as manufactured CDs.   I've learned that
with a lot of the stuff I've handed out over the years.

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

   manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
   portable media player from my cold dead hands!"