Ubuntu easier to install and use than Windows ???

Jim Sheppard jshep at stoneyburn.ca
Fri Feb 2 01:44:06 UTC 2007

Please don't take the following comments in the wrong way.  I am in no way
bashing Ubuntu, well certainly not to the extent you seem to be attacking
Microsoft windows.  From my perspective as someone who would very much like
to believe that Ubuntu is easier to install and use than Windows I find
comments like "show how many things in Ubuntu can be one with only one
click" rather misleading.

In my case I have spent several days attempting to establish a simple
dial-up connection to complete my installation and customization of Ubuntu.
I now have a modem that the system will recognize and can actually dial out
but still cannot connect to the internet.  The same procedure with windows
has worked immediately with all modems I have tried.

How can this be easier to use than Windows!

Wishing you well with your campaign but wishing I could believe in Ubuntu as
much as you!
Jim
Ottawa