Last meeting photos!

Franco Saliola saliola at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 01:48:48 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 8:35 PM, Leslie Wright <leslie.wright at alumni.uwo.ca> wrote:
> In the photos there is a young fellow with a burgundy tshirt running
> ubuntu on a new white MacBook.

I am not that person, but I have a burgundy t-shirt and run Ubuntu on
a white MacBook. I also wasn't at the meeting.

> I am a Mac user and am curious if he is running Ubuntu as the main OS, a
> Boot Camp partition, or a Fusion or Parallels virtual machine.

I don't do any of these. I resized the partition containing Mac OS X
using the 'diskutil resizeVolume' command and then installed Ubuntu
into the newly created free space. I use rEFIt
(http://refit.sourceforge.net) as a boot manager. Here are notes from
my installation of Ubuntu 6.10.

  http://linuxwisdom.blogspot.com/2006/10/dual-boot-ubuntu-edgy-eft-610-on.html

Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10 are much easier to install as there is very
little post installation configuration needed.

My hard drive crashed recently, and I will be going through the entire
setup from scratch again in mid-January. I'll post my notes when I'm
done.

Take care.
Franco