Last meeting photos!

Kim & Janis King xanadu at powergate.ca
Thu Dec 20 23:21:12 UTC 2007

15 December 2007 Ubuntu Toronto Meeting

The staff at the Linux Caffe had to move other patrons around to
accommodate the influx of Ubuntu Toronto members.  We had representation
from Brazil, via Hamilton, Mississauga, Brampton, Keswick, Port Perry,
Oshawa, several from Scarborough, a few from Toronto and one soul who
ventured three blocks from his home and got his  WiFi fixed as a reward
for braving the wintry blast.

If weather was a factor it didn't seem to be a problem for those who
were from the outskirts of the Greater Toronto Area.  There was some
effective use of public transit and carpooling, which saved the
environment .  I asked how most people found out about the meeting and
most had heard about the meeting on this Ubuntu.ca-mail list.

It was a healthy mixture of caffeine,  fun and tech.  We salvaged a
Vista contaminated laptop and turned it into a Gutsy machine.  There was
also some help for those with minor technical problems.  There were a
lot of laptops on the go but they didn't seem to interfere with the
discussions or inhibit the quiet members when it came to asking
questions.  The membership expressed interest in attending future meetings.

Some photos can be found at
http://groups.google.com/group/ubuntu-toronto-2008

Kim King
Ubuntu Toronto