Problem with Grub on someone eles hard Drive.

Jay Stapleton jay at mentorcomputers.on.ca
Wed Dec 19 14:11:27 UTC 2007

How to modify the filesystem as if you were logged in:
1 -Mount the drive in your environment
`mnt /dev/hdaX /mnt`

2 - chroot!
`cd /mnt/`
`chroot /mnt`

Now it looks to the shell as if /mnt is /
edit and run grub, and Bob's your uncle.

To get out of the chroot, type "exit"

Not that if you have a seperate /boot partition, that will need to be
mounted in it's proper spot within the chroot environment.

-Jay.