scanner

Duda Nogueira dudanogueira at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 11 04:09:37 UTC 2007

I manage a set of labs on UFMG Brazilian University, and there we have
a color laser jet with scanner, but it doesn't worked with linux at
all (only the print solution works). As it was already there when i
assumed the sys admin area, i coudn't do nothing.

If who bought had searched on the internet for the model, was able to
see on HP website that it really don't work with linux

I just accessed the printer server remotely and recovered the model:
Color LaserJet CM1015

Here is the pt-br website:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pt/pt/sm/WF06a/12831-13073-13075-13075-12564090-12735730.html

Its funny, because i just realized that it works fully on MAC OSX, but
not on Unix and linux..

Shame on you, HP!!!!

Besides that, HP is ok with Linux.