Encryption options and suggestions or installed Dapper

Jay Stapleton jay at mentorcomputers.on.ca
Sat Dec 8 01:08:41 UTC 2007

I'll second truecrypt I've used it with great success.  You can also use
it on a USB disk in "portable mode" which means you can view your files
on any Windows machine, as well as your Linux box.

It has a number of interesting features, such as the ability to encrypt
two different file sets in the same file.  That way even if someone
forces you to reveal your password, you can give them the one, and they
won't know they aren't seeing everything.

-Jay.