Gearing up to kill the upcoming Canadian copyright law

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Tue Dec 4 14:29:55 UTC 2007

Corey Burger wrote:
> these people your thoughts on the upcoming copyright law. Talk about
> how it will hurt Canadian innovations via hurting Open Source and Free
> Software, not to mention movements like Wikipedia and the Creative
> Commons.

   If you want a forum where this bill is specifically discussed, check
out http://digital-copyright.ca -- and specifically the mailing list.
We have people who have been working on this policy since the summer of
2001, and are well versed in what is happening.

   Of course, you can also email me as well...

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

   manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
   portable media player from my cold dead hands!"