That Glitch in Evolution 2, ClamAV...

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Sat Dec 1 11:17:56 UTC 2007

Hi:

Each time I turn on Evolution mail client, even when my External Modem
is on, it defaults to Offline. In 6.06-1 it would download the Email
when it was loading the program. I haven't seen where the con fig file
is for it, so I might be able to change this to the previous setting of
always On line mode, unless changed. Now I go into File and click on
"Work ON LINE", and it works again.

I downloaded the front end of ClamAV. All the default settings seem to
be set, to do nothing, if a Virus is found. I tried to scan all the
files to look for viruses, but ---- it seems to only do one file at a
time. "Winders" Virus Checkers are set up to check all the files, for
Viruses. Is there some trick to be able to do this with CLAMAV? My
Winders 2K was On line for a few moments to get some virus Signatures,
and a few Viruses got in there too. Linux seems to be too confident that
this will never happen, but it does once in a while.

In CLAMAV and 7.10 the default Font size is smaller, and a bit harder to
make out. Is there a way of making this setting globally, for all
E-mails in Evolution, rather than just a single E-mail at a time?

I need to learn some "Accounting", because I've never studied this at
all. About the only Accounting thing I have is an "Accounting Hat", sort
of like that Monty Python Lion Tamers Hat :) I wanted to make use, of
GNUCASH, but some of the concepts are a bit difficult for me, to
visualize, or clue in on. Locally it is all Winders Vista, at the
College here. Are there any Courses in how to make use of GNUCASH, that
go a bit further than the MAN pages, or the help files? Any help on the
sources for Courses for this would be appreciated.

Alfred!