promotion ideas

Gordon Dey Gordon.Dey at happydeys.ca
Sat Aug 25 01:21:22 UTC 2007

Other thoughts...

I recently made up a slide show for a wedding anniversary. It was to be on a
collection of laptops, some of which couldn't be altered for administrative
reasons (they were borrowed). Finally the hosts wished to give CDs away with
copies of the slide show pictures for folks to take home and enjoy.

My solution was to customise a unbuntu liveCD with the picture directory and
use gwenview as a slide shower.

Results? I had the tools and environment I wanted on all the laptops, slide
show worked like a charm, and a bunch of folks took home Unbuntu liveCDs to
try. Win, win!

My only wishes are that I understood Ubiquity better, and gwenview supported
longer intervals between 'slides'.