Toes in the Ubuntu waters..

Russell McOrmond russell at flora.ca
Wed Aug 22 02:03:16 UTC 2007

Eric Cyr wrote:
> tried 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' yet?

   Forgive me.  I come from the SLS --> SlackWare --> RedHat world, and
don't know any of the special Debian command-line incantations ;-)

   I ran this and it brings back memories of manual configuration from
the early 1990's.  I aborted the process before it mangled my xorg.conf
file.

   Thanks for the suggestion, however.  I think I'll stick to my easier
'vi xorg.conf' for now :-)

  I will be voting for MMP in Ontario  http://www.voteformmp.ca/

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

   manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
   portable media player from my cold dead hands!"