Introducing myself to the list, and a first question

Les Wright leslie.wright at alumni.uwo.ca
Mon Aug 20 06:48:13 UTC 2007

Dave, I am embarrassed to say my problem was even more basic.

I realize now that I was attempting to use 1280x960 for my first few
efforts--a totally legal resolution, but it doesn't look good on this
monitor.

I believe that in earlier versions of xorg.conf i had mistyped 1260x980.
Ubuntu boots, calls xorg.conf, hits that nonsense resolution, and my
monitor objects.

The _60 appendage doesn't seem necessary at all. If I type just
1260x1024 as the option, I get the desired result.

Many thanks again,

Les

p.s. sound seems to work fine.