problem inst: vmware-server

Guy Terreault terreaultguy at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 01:13:16 UTC 2007

Guy Terreault wrote:
> Sanjay Sodhi wrote:
>> cd /
>> sudo find | grep vmware-uninstall.pl
>> then, wait a while. There's probably a more effective way of
>> searching, but there you have a brute one that is guaranteed to
>> search everywhere (and take a while)
>>
>> On 28/04/07, *Guy Terreault* <terreaultguy at hotmail.com
>> <mailto:terreaultguy at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi
>>
>>     when I try to install vmware-server
>>
>>     I get this message
>>
>>     Please remove it by running vmware-uninstall.pl before proceeding
>>
>>     I had installed vmware-player
>>
>>     and I tried to run
>>     /usr/bin/vmware- uninstall.pl
>>
>>     but I can not find or run it
>>
>>     I also tried to search the web for help did not find any thing
>>     that worked
>>
>>     I hope you can!
>>
>>     Thanks in advance if you can suggest something...
>>
>>     Bye, Guy
>>
>>     --
>>

>> --
>> Sanjay Sodhi
>> kshcshbash formerly CNSW
> Thanks,
>
> I tried
> cd /
> sudo find | grep vmware-uninstall.pl
>
> that did not give any thing. Confirming my assertion that I did not
> find it
> I had used these commands
>
> su
> cd /
> updatedb
> locate vmware > wmware.txt
>
> That found lots of files and folders whit "wmware" in them. BUT not
> the one i need
> I can reasonably say that I do not have it.
Ok boys and girls
I also tried this last suggestion
sudo find / -iname "vmware*" | grep -i uninstall | less

I do not have the file!

may be you can assume that i do not have it and tell me what to do to
fix the problem witch is i can not install vmware-server. Because it
detects that there is an old version installed.

Guy