Newbie need help with Ubuntu crash

gilles.prescott at gmail.com gilles.prescott at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 01:24:17 UTC 2007

Hello,
I wanted to upgrade to Ubuntu7.04 from i386, 6.06 version. I understood that
I had to install all updates of a release to upgrade. I started my Ubuntu
and went to the 'update' section. It told me I had 695 updates to do I guess
to upgrade to 6.10. Well, I clicked and went ahead with the 6.10 updates.
After all updates were completed I restated my system. Unfortunately the
'Ubuntu ' screen comes up with the logo and the loading bar. It barely start
Ubuntu will not reload.On the blank screen if I press enter I get the
following message,
Busy Box V1.1.3.....
/bin/sh
Can't access TTY
Job control turned off
(initramfs)

I tried reloading in the 'safe mode' option but it will not load either.
I guess I goofed something when updating all these files. Can i rescue
anything or should I just forget it and re-install 7.04 from the ISO disk (I
do not have any crucial data)???

Thanks for all who reply,

Gilles Prescott