help needed

Bob r_p_bar at telus.net
Thu Sep 28 23:08:01 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-28-09 at 12:00 +0100, ubuntu-ca-request at lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:

>    1. Re: help needed (Mathieu Avoine)

> Personally, I don't find the instructions very clear on that page,
> considering the fact that it's maintained by the people who maintain GRUB.
> It lacks examples and stuff that people new to linux need (I don't know if
> it's the case for you...). So, some googling (like Alfred
> recommended) should help complete the picture.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Feel free to post more questions if you hit a rock again while digging
> for your answer!
>
> Math

Hi Math!

I agree with your statement, I tried the site and the instructions were
as clear as mud to me and I couldn't make any of their suggestions work.
However, I had also posted my problem on the DFSee support list and the
answer fixed things immediately.

Just had to force GRUB to reside on a partition other than the Master
Boot Record and my IBM boot manager took over.

Thanks for the help, Alfred & Math and best regards.

Bob