CDs for linuxcaffe

David J Patrick davidjpatrick at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 16 04:39:34 UTC 2006

On 9/15/06, Corey Burger <corey.burger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/15/06, David J Patrick <davidjpatrick at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> >
> > So if there is a wad that can be left here, please to make it so !

> What kind of numbers are you looking at for the cds?

the ubuntu-toronto squad has come to the rescue, with a mitfull of the
latest. No worries. I'm preparred for low grade stampede action, which
I don't really expect.

> Canonical (whom I don't work for, to be clear) has just started a
> program to sell cds at a very nominal cost (I believe it is 1.50
> Euros/cd) to people.
Wow ! this is the first I've heard of this. I'm used to ship-it s bounty.

Given you are a business, would have the
> capabilities to take donations/charge for the cds?

In fact, I do charge for CDs. $6+tx, to be exact. I'm selling the
plastic and the bandwith and the service. We have around a hundred
.iso images local and ready.

> Now I will be clear, there are still free cds to be had. I had just
> thought, given the unique situation of being a stable location, you
> might make an ideal test case for selling or giving by donation.

I have a Free As In Beer bin, where everything but the freshest CDs
go. There's often some kooky stuff in there along with an ample supply
of nearly current ubuntu, fedora and suse.

> Thoughts?
Lots !

djp

djp at linuxcaffe.ca
www.linuxcaffe.ca/sfd
geek chic and caffe cachet
326 Harbord Street, Toronto, M6G 3A5, (416) 534-2116