Use of Linux in Canadian universities

Alyssa Knox nylffn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 04:50:49 UTC 2006

I'm not entirely sure whether you folk are talking about the computers
general students use, or not. Either way, my guess is that most
universities in Canada run Windows (or have Macs) for whatever
computers students need to directly use, and at least some *nix behind
the scenes. I know that's roughly how it works at UVic.

*nix in labs used by average students would be much like hell for the
employees of such locations. I work in UVic's busiest student
computing facility, and some of the users have enough trouble with
'doze and the Mac OS as it is.

Alyssa
(IRC=Touru)

On 9/7/06, ubuntu-ca-request at lists.ubuntu.com